Oshkosh WI 54902 US
Total Security and Safety Inc. is the parent company for TSS Event Services and provides the umbrellas for integrated front-of-house staffing solutions.
TSS Event Services include:
Event security & crowd management
Ushers & directors
Ticket scanners & ticket takers
Security and event consulting services
Evacuation planning and threat evaluation
Total Security and Safety Inc. Officers
Total Security and Safety Inc. has a professionally trained team who will fully scan fans before entering venue / stadium. Our staff will implement venue rules and policies with entrance screening. Total Security and Safety Inc. works in conjunction with local law enforcement to ensure fan safety.
Total Security and Safety Inc. uses state-of-the-art metal detection equipment.
Fan Scanning / Visual screening / Checkpoint Screening
Bag Inspection / Bag Policy Enforcement
Handheld Metal Detection (Fan Screening)
TSS Event Services Parking and Traffic Services
Parking and Traffic Services provides best-in-class parking and traffic services for live entertainment facilities and large festivals. Through the use of structured parking plans, advanced technology, and highly trained staff, TSS Event Services Parking and Traffic Services manages the patron experience and maximizes revenue from venue parking operations.
Parking operations management
Parking consulting and traffic flow design
Rapid Response Teams
Rapid Response Team is a program that combines advanced conflict resolution techniques with customized crowd management techniques and targeted hiring and recruiting programs to provide a highly mobile, rapidly responsive presence at live entertainment venues. Designated as Rapid Response Officers, are clearly identified through the use of high visibility clothing and differentiated identification from normal event staff personnel. Rapid Response Officers are trained to de-escalate situations and to remove situations from public seating areas to less conspicuous areas such as concourses. Rapid Response Officers also serve as medical responders.
Roam team program management
Roam team personnel
Emergency Medical Response
The Parking Lot Attendants will be the first point of contact for many visitors. They are responsible for directing and managing traffic within the parking lots. This position will provide directions to activities and other parking lots if existing lot is full.
• Direct traffic within parking lots.
• Provide directions to alternative lots if existing lot is full.
• Provide directions to festival-goers for festival activities and programs.
• Ensure signage is put up for full lots.
• Report any safety or security issues to festival security.
• Able to work in dynamic work setting in various weather conditions.
• Must be able to speak and read English with proficiency.
• Must arrive 15 minutes before shift starts.
• if you will be unable to fill your shift due to illness or accident contact the Office as soon as possible.
Dress: Employees will be provided with a shirt, which you must wear at all times during your shift, Each employee is responsible for a pair of jeans (no holes, marks, or tears) and comfortable black shoes. Please wear clothing that is comfortable and practical for your position, but not distracting or offensive to others. Where possible we will provide Employees with shelter and umbrellas in the case of sun or rain. You may, however, be expected to operate in uncovered areas for extended periods of time.
Please see our Public Safety Tab for more information.
First Aid Stations
Please see our Rescue Response Tab for more information.
Ticket Taker addresses the needs of patrons with seating, taking tickets, passing out programs, answering program questions, ensuring adherence to theatre rules, and by following emergency response procedures as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Collects and examines admission tickets
Refuses admittance to persons without required tickets.
Distributes Programs and helps answer guest questions regarding performance times.
Provides special attention in providing a non-disruptive and pleasant theatre experience for guests.
Provides assistance with patrons’ special needs; such as, accommodations for wheelchair access.
Directs patrons to restrooms.
Maintains order and ensures adherence to safety rules.
Uses discretion and works directly with public safety to professionally address, handle, and escort unruly patrons outside of the theatre to ensure that other patrons are not affected by the process.
Reminds patrons to turn off cell phones during event
Follows response procedures providing instructions and guiding patrons safely, calmly, and orderly to exits in case of emergency.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Possess strong analytical assessment skills.
Ability to quickly respond to patron needs and any situation that may arise.
Ability to use proper etiquette and good judgment when situations escalate to higher management.
Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments.
Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include seeing in the dark with use of flashlight, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To act as the principle point of welcome to the venue. To offer the highest levels of customer service to patrons in person, by telephone and by email. To maximize sales for the venue, and to have an extensive knowledge of Productions
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Daily Tasks
• To open the Box Office at the start of a shift, to ensure there is sufficient ticket stock in the printer and that the computer, printer and chip and pin pad are all working.
• To count the Box Office float and to inform the Duty Manager or Box Office Supervisor of any discrepancy.
• To ensure the Box Office is tidy and well-presented throughout the day. To ensure the leaflets, play texts and other relevant print are on display at the Box Office.
• To listen to answer phone messages and to call back customers throughout the day.
• To answer the Box Office phone within three rings, unless serving a customer in person.
• To print and prepare tickets and merchandise for postage
• To batch print tickets before the performance. To distribute pre-paid and complimentary tickets to customers.
• To actively sell tickets and merchandise pre-show.
• In the absence of the Box Office Supervisor, to release house seats on the day line with venue Policy
• To support Duty Manager and Front of House Staff with performance incoming, especially when the house is Open.
• To maintain high standards of radio etiquette.
2. Sales and Promotions
• To actively promote offers (including season multi-buy offers), to up-sell and cross-sell venue shows.
• To have a broad knowledge of venue productions, past and present.
• To be the principle point of welcome to the Venue. To act as reception for the building and to alert relevant staff promptly of any visitors arriving to the building.
• To uphold the highest standard of customer service.
• To take delivery of postage and deliveries; and to distribute to Duty Manager or relevant member of staff.
• To act always in the best interest of The venue.
• To act at all times in accordance with venue box office policies and protocols
• To be welcoming and provide excellent customer care to all visitors to the venue.
• To be knowledgeable of all venue products.
• To attend a preview/dress rehearsal for each production at the venue
• To actively keep up to date with the artistic programme.
• To actively implement environmental policies and practices for the department.
• To adhere to venue policies, including Equalities (including diversity, access, equal opportunities) and Environmental policies.
• To actively adhere to and implement the venue Health and Safety policy
• To maximize income and minimize expenditure wherever possible without jeopardizing the quality of the work or the reputation of the venue.
• To liaise with Events Manager and Duty Manager where necessary with external hires and events.
• Any other duties as reasonably required.
Please see our Public Safety Tab for more information.
The Usher is responsible for the seating and the safety of patrons in all performance venues and other venues and spaces as directed. Front of House staff are expected to offer the highest level of customer service possible to guests, visiting artists, artist management, patrons, and any other member of the public or administration they may encounter. Front of House Staff are also expected to carry out any job function management deems as appropriate and within the scope of caring and maintaining for the Venue, customer service, audience experience, pre-show prep, post-show breakdown, guest and staff safety/emergency response/security.
Politely directing and escorting patrons to their seats.
Providing patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
Assists patrons in finding seats utilizing flashlights
Checking assigned section for cleanliness.
Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules.
Remain at assigned post throughout the event unless taking an assigned break.
Must be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities.
Attend pre-event Usher meetings and other trainings as required by management.
Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all venues within The Performing Arts Center and a good
understanding of evacuation procedures form all points within each venue.
Other duties as directed.
Ability to lift 50 lbs waist high, and able to assist with set up of furniture for events as directed.
Ability to read small print.
Ability to climb steps repeatedly
Ability to descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Work in a fast-paced, busy environment with environmental conditions such as noise, heights,
dark/dim/absence of lighting.
Ability to bend, stretch, reach and kneel without restriction.
Communicate effectively in English.
Must be able to open theater doors repeatedly throughout shift.
Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of guests and staff attending or working with the venue.
Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to uniform requirements
Work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
High School Diploma or equivalent
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Experience with Two Way Radios is preferred
Please see our Public Safety Tab for more information.
Id Checking/Wrist Banding service also available.